It sounds silly but folding sheets can be one of those things that drive people crazy! Which is something we know first hand about! During a team meeting a couple years ago, our team hashed out exactly how sheets should be folded and placed in our client’s linen closets. We like to have a uniformed look to our organization, so that any team member can step in and the result be the same. After much debate it was decided that the Martha Stewart method was the cleanest way to go.
This video of Martha’s show makes it look more complicated than it is but makes us laugh!
Or take a page out of our training manual and learn the proper way to neatly store your sheets.
Folding Fitted Sheets:
- Start with two corners.Place your hands in two of the corners of the fitted sheet, with the rough seams facing outward. Your hands will help hold the shape of the sheet for a crisp line that looks great in any linen closet.
- Fold two corners together.Bring your hands together and fold one corner over the other so that both corners are now on one hand and the finished seam side is on the top.
- Add a third corner.Pull up a third corner and fold it over the other two. The rough seam should be on top now.
- Fold in the last corner.Grab the fourth corner and fold it over the other three with the finished seam on top. All four corners should be on one hand now with the finished seam on top.
- Straighten the sides.This will prevent wrinkles and make the sides hang nicely. Lay the sheet down on a table or bed for the next step.
- Fold the sheet into thirds with the elastic in the middle.Then fold in thirds again to find your finished product:
- Place sheets in sets. Place the folded flat sheet on the bottom. Open at the middle fold. Place the fitted sheet on top, then the pillow cases.. Fold the bottom of the flat sheet over to make a nice package. Store with the folded side facing out.